Executive GM – Studies
Eduardo is a mining engineer with an Honours Degree in Mining Engineering, from the University of Chile and Master of Business (International Management) from Curtin University in WA and extensive mining industry experience in Australia, Latin America, USA, the Middle East and Asia, working with top-tier and junior mining companies and consulting organizations including BHP Minerals, Western Collieries, Anaconda Nickel, IFC (World Bank), BHP Engineering, SKM, Hatch and Amec Foster Wheeler among others. Eduardo’s background includes:
- Extensive project management and mine operations experience across a wide range of mining projects and commodities including copper, gold, silver, zinc, nickel, iron ore, lithium, coal and industrial minerals.
- Extensive multi-disciplinary feasibility study management experience covering geology, mine planning, ore processing, materials handling and infrastructure, involving a variety of mining projects in Australia and overseas.
- Strategic planning, business development, and mine consulting experience covering most technical and operational aspects of mining and project improvement.
- Experience in project financing with the International Finance Corporation (World Bank) both as staff member based in Washington DC and subsequently as a consultant providing advice to the IFC on mine project financing primarily in the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions.
- Corporate experience including roles such as Technical Director, VP Business Development, Non-Executive Director, and Non-Executive Chairman with ASX listed companies.
- Experience in the sourcing, evaluation, and acquisition of mine exploration projects in Latin America and Australia.
- A wide network of mining industry and project financing contacts in Australia, Latin America and the USA.