The publication of our Maiden Mineral Resource Estimate on January 3rd sets the tone for what we anticipate to be a very productive year at Cascabel, and our regional projects. The 1.08Bt @ 0.68% CuEq Maiden Mineral Resource Estimate, with a 120Mt @1.8% CuEq high grade core, is a tremendous start for Alpala but, it is just the beginning. There is already 10,000m of drilling still to be assayed and included in the model, and drilling continues. With 12 rigs working across the site and 120km of drilling planned for 2018 updates to the resource will be reported regularly. The Maiden Mineral Resource Estimate in our view by no means represents a final size or grade because the deposit is still growing. That the Maiden Mineral Resource Estimate is so big, achieved with so few drill holes and that such a large percentage is in the indicated category is testimony to the size of the system at Alpala. With regular updates to the resource estimate and a Preliminary Economic Assessment in sight at Cascabel, exciting regional developments from your projects across Ecuador, and US$100m in the bank, SolGold is firing on all cylinders.
STUDY MANAGER Eduardo is a mining engineer with an Honours Degree in Mining Engineering, from the University of Chile and Master of Business (International Management) from Curtin University in WA and extensive mining industry experience in Australia, Latin America, USA, the Middle East and Asia, working with top-tier and junior mining companies and consulting organizations including BHP Minerals, Western Collieries, Anaconda Nickel, IFC (World Bank), BHP Engineering, SKM, Hatch and Amec Foster Wheeler among others. Eduardo’s background includes:
- Extensive project management and mine operations experience across a wide range of mining projects and commodities including copper, gold, silver, zinc, nickel, iron ore, lithium, coal and industrial minerals.
- Extensive multi-disciplinary feasibility study management experience covering geology, mine planning, ore processing, materials handling and infrastructure, involving a variety of mining projects in Australia and overseas.
- Strategic planning, business development, and mine consulting experience covering most technical and operational aspects of mining and project improvement.
- Experience in project financing with the International Finance Corporation (World Bank) both as staff member based in Washington DC and subsequently as a consultant providing advice to the IFC on mine project financing primarily in the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions.
- Corporate experience including roles such as Technical Director, VP Business Development, Non-Executive Director, and Non-Executive Chairman with ASX listed companies.
- Experience in the sourcing, evaluation, and acquisition of mine exploration projects in Latin America and Australia.
- A wide network of mining industry and project financing contacts in Australia, Latin America and the USA.